19 July 2009

Cut and Sewn: Small Series

Hi Friends,
This is my first body of work that I completed after my thesis night in May. This small-scale body of work consists of 40 paintings, all somewhere in the vicinity of 8 x 4 inches. One belongs to my professor and fellow fibers artist, Carole Loeffler, so 39 are available. Carole is an incredible artist, and I wouldn't have come to where I am without her. View her work here. Each one was painted with a limited pallet in an acrylic latex wash. I then used my sewing machine, loaded with black thread, to create a drawing on each. Each painting is completely unique. They are all un-stretched and unframed. Here are five of the 39. If you like what you see, buy one! They are very affordable, and look wonderful in small groups.


Number 2 - Outer Soular
Click to buy.

Number 3 - Subtly in Pressure
Click to buy.

Number 9 - Significant Imposition
Click to buy.

Number 12 - The Lingerer
Click to buy.

Number 6 - Missing the Necessity
Click to buy.

No comments: