26 February 2010

learning self control



I believe this is the most important attribute I have been lacking the majority of my life. I have recently decided to make it official and say that I am boycotting fast food all together. I prefer not to eat at "American" style restaurants that sell burgers, and mac and cheese, and deep fried everything. I buy organic when ever I can. When I do go out to eat, I use as much self control as physically possible. I need to use more self control in my reactions to people, namely my closest friends and boy friend. When someone does something to annoy me or royally piss me off, I think it would be best for me to take a step back, inhale a few times and defuse my anger before I react - self control. I am often times too heated about minor things. Self control, namely a more balance me, is noticeable when I am painting. Maybe not to the rest of the world, but in my mind, I certainly am. When I am at the gym, I should consider an import aspect of this self control I speak of - not giving up. I think, while I am a capricorn and more driven to lead, I am sometimes easily convinced; especially when I am the one doing the convincing, say, to give up running. When I am at the mall - having some self control with that 80 dollar pair of jeans, or that 70 dollar bra. I am telling you, if I take these words half as seriously as they sound, I would be a better person - inside and out - as a whole.

No comments: