13 March 2011

Dill-themed Wednesday dinner

Basmati rice cooked with butter, chicken broth, shallots (I finally found these at my local Japanese grocery store), sauteed mushrooms, dill, turmeric, fresh minced garlic, salt and white pepper. Maybe more stuff, but the spices were flying and the creative juices were flowing, so I may have forgotten something.

Outrageously good.



Delicious dill dressing: fresh dill, shallots, white wine vinegar, fresh lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper Seriously, so good.


sorry the lighting is so poor....I've learned that I need to take the final picture back at the stove where everything else is photographed.

Soup: roasted red pepper and tomato soup, topped with mozzarella and chives (not home made but so so so sooooo good...Costco, if you're interested.)
Salad: spinach, red bell pepper, grape tomatoes [halved], chives, topped with dill dressing from above
Basmati mushroom rice {see TOP}
Salmon: baked with butter, lemon juice, fresh garlic, sliced shallots and dill!

This dinner was so good. I don't like tooting my own horn, and I don't say this very often about my cooking, but damn! I'm good!!


Fresh strawberry muffins :)

No comments: