27 August 2010

First week of school

The first week of school has been a whirl wind. I am exhausted from sitting on the train for 2 hours every day (thank god I don't drive down there). I am at a loss as to where to start with my new and exciting body of grad school work. My studio (number 621, by the way) is full of my creating things...canvases, sewing machine, fabric, paints, etc. My furniture has all been assembled; work table, book case, couch (of course I have a couch). I'll be sure to put up some pictures as soon as I get a minute. Probably on Sunday.
My critics are Jan Baltzell, Katherine Bradford and Bill Scott. I feel look forward to getting them in my studio... I have class two days a week: drawing with Michael Moore on Tuesday at 8:30, and Seminar with Kate Moran on Wednesday at 1:00. Google any one of these names...they are all practicing artists in or around Philly.
I am also preparing for my first group show in Philly. It's on Chestnut Street at the Jams Oliver Gallery, and the show is entitled M3LT! All of the submissions are images of food! Yes, my Morandi apples are in it!!!!
I have to run to catch a train (god, I love saying that!) so until next time!

No comments: