26 February 2009

Writing Thesis

So far this semester, I have had a debilitatingly extreme case of denial.  I am supposed to be graduating form Arcadia with my BFA in May.  Well, this is a recent development.  
I met with the Dean of Undergrads to talk about my missing Gen. Ed. requirements.  I got both waived, and she signed off on a petition to get my one "F" changed to a "WF" so that my G.P.A. isn't affected.  Needless to say, Monday was the best day of my life, and finally felt like I could start thinking about Thesis.

My rough draft was due on Tuesday.  An 8-page paper on Judy Chicago's "Dinner Party" (Ms. Woolf's place setting pictured above) was also due that day, for Art History. Long story short, I know whole lot about "The Dinner Party" and I'm still sitting here "writing" my rough draft and watching 'pop goes the weasel' montages on America's Funniest Home Videos.

Any way, thesis is a most undesirable process, and I wish it to be over.  I don't know if I'll make it.  And I am deathly afraid of failing, but not in an academic fashion.
I just bought some tomato seeds and dress patterns on Etsy, so I'm sure much more procrastination will ensue. 

Here's to you, Tonya Adele.

No comments: